Preventative Maintenance. We have our mouths checked for cavities. We check tires and fluids before long road trips. We have routine health tests conducted once we’re past a certain age, yet people often fail to see the importance of routine care and maintenance on their air conditioning unit. This check will save you an awful headache in the long run.
Here’s why you need one:
Why Do I Need Routine AC Maintenance?
Most people wonder why something that’s not broken needs routine maintenance. Air conditioners are a major expense in your home and exceedingly necessary to your comfort in Florida. This important and costly equipment needs to be maintained.
- It Extends the System’s Life. Maintaining the system by getting it serviced and cleaned will keep it running efficiently and at top form. This means less drain on the AC, which in turn provides a longer life.
- Catch Issues Early. Just like in your car or health screening, there are some problems that when caught early can be fixed quickly. If you allow them to continue without fixing them, they can turn into a much more costly repair or replacement.
- Safeguard Your Investment. Air conditioners aren’t cheap even with an AC company that gives you a really good price on one. When something is costly, you want to take care of it, and help extend its life as long as possible.
- Unchecked Systems Collect Debris. Floridians live in a humid climate that is a breeding ground for mold, creepy crawlies, allergens and other things you don’t want clogging up your AC and entering your home’s air. You may have no idea what’s in your system if you don’t get it checked out. Debris clogs and affects your system’s ability to run efficiently.
- Because We Don’t Maintain Them Ourselves. Face it, many homeowners don’t do the necessary upkeep on their own. They don’t change the filters as often as they should and they don’t check well-running AC units. Paying a professional to assess the condition of your AC, yearly or semi-annually, gives you peace of mind knowing everything is fine.
- Discounts. Some AC maintenance and repair companies provide discounts to maintenance customers, easy payment plans, savings on new units, and/or priority scheduling during busy months. Establishing a relationship with a company often provides bonuses and savings in the long run.
What To Look For In an AC Company?
Now that you know maintenance is important how do you select someone to be your partner in AC upkeep? In addition to reviews and referrals, do your due diligence by researching to see if the technicians are HVAC certified. Make sure they also hold liability insurance or extra protections in case something goes wrong.
Not all companies are the same. Make sure you understand the costs for maintenance and what the inspection covers before the technician comes to your home.
Don’t leave your AC maintenance until something goes wrong. Get it checked 1-2 times a year for peace of mind and peak performance on the unit. Call an AC repair company in Tampa you can trust. Contact the experts at Easy A/C today.