There are a couple of reasons why an air conditioning unit would be leaking water. Unfortunately so many people don’t realize that 80% of the time, this issue could have been resolved through performing preventive maintenance on the air conditioning unit.
- Reason 1: drain line is backing up and the drain pan is overflowing
- Reason 2: the PVC fittings were never cemented properly or they are disconnected
- Reason 3: if the unit is low on refrigerant it starts to freeze up when running causing ice to begin to melt
- Reason 4: a dirty filter can block the air from penetrating through the filter causing the water to freeze and then melt
- Reason 5: if no p-trap or air vent was installed in the drain line
- Reason 6: Duct work that was either not insulated, or not insulated properly can condensate and leak water