Why regular maintenance and repair makes for a more efficient air conditioning and heating system.
As Floridians, we're used to dealing with what a lot of our northern friends and relatives think of as "warm" winters. We may not agree with that description, but honestly, we're pretty lucky. With actual freezing temperatures being pretty rare here, we tend to do all right for ourselves. And this year, we’ve enjoyed quite a bit of above-normal wintertime temperatures. But now the fun really starts.
With everyone talking about the "Day After Tomorrow"-type arctic storm that's sweeping through the nation, we find ourselves bracing for a freeze after enjoying a balmy weekend in the seventies. We might not reach negative double-digits like Green Bay or Chicago, but changing from warm to freezing in a matter of 24 hours can take its toll on all of us. And it can also wreak havoc on our heating and air conditioning systems.
When we're dealing with either extreme heat or cold, we tend to overwork our heating and cooling systems. And with that comes a spike in our electricity bills. Many of us accept it as part of the trade-off of living here in Florida, but you don't have to. There are steps you can take to help make your system more efficient and bring those energy bills down.
Regular heating and A/C maintenance can save you money
When it comes to your heating and air conditioning system, the key to efficiency is as simple as scheduling regular maintenance. It's true, nobody likes to pay for a service call unless there's a serious problem (and even then, who actually likes to pay?), but the truth is that scheduling regular a/c maintenance could actually save you tons of money, in both the short-term and the long run.
- A licensed technician can help adjust your thermostat to find that elusive optimal comfort level in your home, as well as making sure it's set properly.
- Your technician can also make any needed replacements or repairs at the time of the maintenance call, instead of putting them off to some unknown point in the future. Small problems tend to add up and can cause your system to run inefficiently or even malfunction - forcing you to pay for major repairs or even an entirely new system far sooner than you should.
- One of the perks of scheduling regular maintenance is that many parts are still under warranty. If the technician locates a part that has to be repaired or replaced but is still under warranty, that doesn’t come out of your pocket. And again, you’re avoiding a possible catastrophe in the future.
- The technician will check your ducts for leaks to make sure you’re getting the airflow you want, and not paying extra for the air you’re not getting.
Repairing your A/C and heating system
You'd be surprised how much you can learn about your heating and A/C system by simply paying attention.
Is your thermostat telling you one thing but the air from your vents telling you another?
Have you noticed any odd smells coming from your heating or cooling system?
Is your system making any odd noises?
Is the airflow not what you think it should be?
If you've answered "yes" to any of these questions, chances are you're in need of some repairs. A technician can easily spot the issues and repair them quickly.
And let's face facts: If you're air conditioner or heating system is 20 years old, it might just be time to bite the bullet and start thinking "replacement."
Luckily, at Easy A/C we've got you covered.
- EZ Breezy Club - get regular system maintenance from one of our licensed technicians. It's a great way to make sure you’re system is running the way it should and minimizing the need for future repairs.
- 24 hour heating and A/C repair - sometimes things break at the most awkward, inconvenient times imaginable ... like in the middle of the hottest night of the year, for example. That's why we're on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week: to make sure you're comfortable when you want to be.
- Replacements - it's just a sad fact of life that heating and A/C systems age. We offer affordable air conditioning and heating systems to meet your comfort and energy efficiency needs.
- AC Financing - when you're living on a budget, purchasing a new air conditioner can be difficult. That's why we offer financing options to help you stay comfortable all year long.
So don't wait for the cold weather to smack you in the face this week before you notice that your heating system isn't working. If you're in need of a repair or want to sign up for our maintenance package, contact Easy A/C today using the form on the right.